My Flight Surgeon will provide the highest level of comprehensive, pilot focused, medical care
encompassing FAA Medical Certification, disease prevention, aviation related health-care
advice and assistance with certification problems. Aviation Medicine is our only business. Pilot
convenience is our highest priority.
- FAA Medical Certification Examinations
- Personalized assistance with "Special Issuance" Certification and medical certification
- Direct On-Line Scheduling with immediate e-Mail confirmation available for your 24/7
- Conventional Telephone Scheduling available, call Patty at 602-368-5633
- Provide advice to pilot's personal physicians regarding acceptable treatments to keep
the pilot "certified"
- HIMS Medical Sponsor
- Provide health maintenance and disease prevention advice to pilots.
- Same Day and Next Day APPOINTMENTS are available
- The care of pilots is our only specialty
- Providing First Class medical services for pilots
- Farnsworth Lantern and other testing available for testing those with color vision deficits
Walter A. Forred, M.D. is a FAA designated Senior Aviation Medical
Examiner. He has 40+ years experience as a military Flight Surgeon and FAA
designated Senior Aviation Medical Examiner. Dr. Forred is a HIMS designated
AME for the management of alcohol and substance abuse and monitoring
airmen taking SSRI anti-depressants. He has a long history of interest in
aviation, holding a commercial pilot's license and having served as a Flight
Surgeon in the United States Army. His aviation passion is flying tail-draggers.
Dr. Forred is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. He has
practiced as a rural Family Physician, Geriatrician, medical school Professor
and medical educator. His focus of practice is the health and welfare of
Patricia Torres, M.A. is an experienced Medical Assistant who has worked
training Family Medicine Residents at the Phoenix Baptist Family Medicine
Residency. She is a native of Colorado who has lived in Phoenix for the past
|My Flight Surgeon, PC
personalized aviation healthcare
The FAA will REQUIREs you to complete the electronic Form 8500-8
in MedXPress to apply for a medical certificate.
You may now complete the front of the FAA Flight Physical form (8500-8) by going to
You must sign in, complete the form on-line and bring a printed copy AND the confirmation
number to your next flight physical.
For more information, click the MedXpress link on the left.
After you complete the MedXpress application, please 1) PRINT a copy to
bring with you in case the FAA server is down and 2) eMail Patty the
confirmation number so we can have your application up in our computer
when you arrive for your physical.
|Copyright 2005-2013 - My Flight Surgeon, PC
|We DO NOT perform DOT Driver Examinations